In Los Angeles, freeways are used by thousands of drivers every day. The main Los Angeles freeways are the 101, the 5, the 10, and the 210. Given the number of drivers and heavy traffic for these freeways, most car accidents occur on freeways. Car accidents can result in substantial physical injuries, medical bills, and lost income. The experienced attorneys at Slatter Law Firm will aggressively fight to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries.
There are many causes for freeway car accidents. Below are some of the most common causes for these accidents.
- Excessive speed- Excessive speed refers to driving faster than the posted speed limit. It also refers to driving too fast based on the weather or freeway conditions.
- Tailgating- Tailgating refers to a driver that is driving too closely to the car in front of him or her.
- Dangerous Lane Changes- Many accidents result from a drivers’ failure to properly observe the surroundings before changing lanes. Other unsafe changes include swerving through traffic and cutting off drivers.
- Distracted driving- Many accidents are caused by a driver being distracted while driving. Distracted activities include texting or otherwise using a phone, eating, and grooming.
- Driving Under the Influence- Many accidents result from another driver being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Intoxicated driving often result in serious accidents that cause significant injuries.
Car accidents are governed by the laws of negligence. The law requires car drivers to exercise due care to prevent harm to drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists. As such, drivers must be attentive, observant of their surroundings, and mindful of other drivers. If they fail to do so, they may be at-fault for your injuries. Driver, registered owner, and the business employing the driver at the time of the accident are typical parties in these cases. Your personal injury attorney will conduct a thorough investigation to identify all at-fault persons.
Car accidents can result in significant injuries, including bone fractures, concussion, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and facial and body cuts and scars. Car accident victims may be compensated for special and general damages, which are an award of money for medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. As such, please preserve all evidence relating to your car accident.
Additionally, car accidents sadly result in fatalities. In fact, approximately three thousand five hundred (3,500) car accident fatalities occur in California each year. If your loved one died in a freeway accident, you may file a wrongful death case. The purpose of these cases is to compensate survivors and deter wrongful conduct. However, in order to recover any damages for your or your loved one’s freeway accident, you must file the lawsuit within two years of the accident.Contact Us Today
Contact a Los Angeles personal injury attorney today if you or a loved one were involved in a freeway car accident. Slatter Law Firm has been helping individuals injured due to car accidents throughout Los Angeles and Southern California for over four decades. To schedule a free consultation, call our office at (310) 444-3010 or contact us online.